DQ Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Worthwhile Trip

In 13 years of covering various events in West Texas, I've gotten used to traveling long distances, which is why the journey I've taken this weekend doesn't seem like such a big deal, even if it's among the longer trips I've taken.

Less than 24 hours after I witnessed Amarillo High beat Midland High 23-20 in a tremendous District 2-5A game in my adopted hometown of Midland, I'm at Abilene's Shotwell Stadium watching West Texas A&M give No. 1 Abilene Christian all it can handle. There's a lot more defense than when the two teams played last season, as ACU leads 14-12 at halftime.

When I drew the assignment to drive the Amarillo-Midland-Abilene triangle, I'll admit at first it wasn't a trip I was all that eagerly embracing, if due mainly to the length. But with two games this outstanding in less than 24 hours, nobody has a right to complain.

No comments: